This quick guide shows you how to install WordPress theme on your WordPress website.
Your WordPress website must have an active theme. You need a WordPress theme to customize your WordPress website.
There are themes that you can install from the theme section of your website. But most premium WordPress themes are bought as zipped files. In such a situation, you must upload that theme as a zipped file from your computer.
This short guide demonstrates the two methods on how to install WordPress theme, both from WordPress and as a zipped file from your computer.
If this is what you are searching for, then have fun with this short, and easy-to-follow guide on how to install WordPress theme.
Install WordPress theme in quick easy steps
Method1: Install theme from WP admin dashboard
Most free or freemium WordPress themes are installed from the plugin section of the WordPress admin dashboard. To do so, follow these easy steps;
- Login to the WP admin dashboard
- On the side menus bar, locate and hover your mouse on the Appearance tab
- Click the Theme option
- Click Add New
- At the theme search bar, type in the name of the theme you want to install
- Choose this theme from the displayed options
- Click the Install button
- Once installed, click the Activate button
Congrats, your new WordPress theme is now active on your website. Go ahead and customize it for your website needs.
Method2: How to install WordPress theme from a zipped file
When you buy a third-party premium WordPress theme, you will be required to download this file on your computer in the zipped form. Thus, to install such a theme, you will have to upload it to your website using the easy steps below;
- Log in to your WP admin dashboard>>Appearance>>Theme
- Click the Upload plugin button
- Locate the folder where your theme zipped file is located and double-click on the zipped file
- Click install
- Click Activate
Congrats, your installation is complete and the theme is active on your website.
Go ahead and customize your new theme.